Due to the ongoing Covid-19 restrictions, this class is no longer held on site. Because H.O.M.E. DuPage doesn't want you to put your dreams of homeownership on hold, we are teaming up with FRAMEWORK, a HUD approved entity, to offer DuPage County residents or those buying in DuPage County a state-of-the-art online course that meets HUD guidelines and exceeds National Industry Standards for Homeownership Education and Counseling.
After completing the FRAMEWORK portion of the course, H.O.M.E. DuPage will offer a 2 -1/2 hour interactive panel discussion and Q & A with a team of industry experts in real estate law, homeowners's insurance, home inspection, realty, mortgage lending and first time homebuyer's down payment assistance programs. Attendance at the Q & A is mandatory to receive an application to our program. You must return your application and attend at least one counseling session to receive your Homebuyer Education certificate.
NOTE: Please contact us directly if you are under contract or if you were referred by a lender.
The FRAMEWORK online course can be taken at any time. After registering below for the part 1 FRAMEWORK course, please call 630-260-2500 to register for the part 2 Panel Discusion Q&A.
Dates for the online Q & A are:
January 8, 2022 9:00am
February 12, 2022 9:00am
March 12, 2022 9:00am
April 9, 2022 9:00am
May 7, 2022 9:00am
June 11, 2022 9:00am
July 9, 2022 9:00am
Our counselors will show you:
how much you can afford:
1. Credit Score Requirements
2. Mortgage/Closing Costs
· how to get down payment assistance (if you qualify) through:
1. DuPage Habitat for Humanity Program
2. Downpayment Plus Program
3. Illinois Housing Development Authority Programs
· how lenders evaluate eligibility
· how to read sample documents
· how to chose a lender that will work for you
· how to choose a realtor who will work with you
· how to read and understand a sample residential contract
· how to shop for the home that’s right for you and in your budget
· how to shop for insurance that will fit your needs
· how to shop for a home inspector
· what to look for in a home inspection
· how to work with an attorney:
1. finalize the closing
2. protect your home and family
· Fair Housing Rights, what is prohibited under the Fair Housing Act
· how to care for your home once you achieve your dream
H.O.M.E. DuPage wants to make your dreams of owning your own home come true! Register for a class today to take your first steps toward home ownership.
After attending the Framework Homebuyer Education class, the panel discussion Q & A and turning in your application and associated documents, H.O.M.E. DuPage offers you FREE extensive individualized counseling with one of our certified housing counselors. Upon completion of the workshop and an individualized counseling session with a H.O.M.E. DuPage Housing Counselor, clients will receive a certificate of completion, which may be required by lenders. The individualized session includes a comprehensive credit review which will not affect your credit score ($30 charge for a merged credit report from 3 agencies) with tips on:
> Resolving credit obstacles and improving your score with regular meetings to keep you on track
> Providing you with a family spending plan and lender comparison checklist
> Providing the latest information on mortgage programs available to you
> Working with you to compare and contrast the various mortgage options
> Providing referrals to lenders and realtors who fit your needs