Now is the time to take charge of your personal finances.
Understanding your finances is much more than just being able to balance a checkbook. It is vital to know where your money is going, how to create a spending plan, establish savings, and how to manage your debt.
H.O.M.E. DuPage’s Financial Fitness Program teaches you the skills to help manage your finances long-term and to plan for your financial future by making sound financial decisions.
Take charge of your life and your money by attending a financial workshop and meeting with a NCHEC Certified Financial Coach. Register today!
Financial Fitness Workshops
H.O.M.E. DuPage regularly offers the Personal Budget and the Understanding the Credit Report workshops at different locations in DuPage County. Once you attend one of these two workshops, you are eligible for one-on-one financial coaching and the other listed workshops. All services provided through the Financial Fitness Program are free of charge. For more information, please call Annemarie Fitzpatrick at 630-260-2511.
Understanding Personal Budget
• Learn to establish a spending plan
• Learn to develop healthy financial habits
• Differentiates between wants and needs
• Learn to make saving a financial priority
• Experience financial freedom!
Understanding the Credit Report
• Learn what determines your credit score
• Review an actual credit report
• Learn who can pull your credit report
• Learn about different types of credit
• Experience the power of good credit!
Avoiding Credit Mistakes
• Learn to avoid common credit mistakes
• Learn how to address credit concerns
• Learn strategies to build a credit profile
• Learn steps to protect your identify
• Experience the stability of financial control!
Bank On It
• Learn the importance of a banking relationship
• Learn about the security of banking products/services
• Learn to avoid predatory financial establishments
• Learn to stop paying unnecessary fees
• Experience the power of being banked!
Know Before You Go-Avoiding Student Loan Debt
• Learn about student loan options
• Learn about the difference betwee Scholarships, Grants & Loans L
• Explore your loan options
• Learn the difference in loam payment options
Becoming a Smart Shopper
• Learn to become an informed consumer
• Learn shopping strategies to stretch your dollar
• Learn how a credit score affects purchasing power
• Learn how APR and MSRP affect financing options
• Experience the joy of saving money!
Protecting Your Assets
• Learn how a life plan ensures financial security
• Learn how insurance and wills protect your family
• Learn the importance of having a power of attorney
and a medical power of attorney
• Experience financial peace of mind!
Sign up today for one of our workshops.